The art of living life in the slow lane
Liliana Galvis or Lilymaya, as she is known, is an energy vortex of life and vitality and living proof that adhering to Ayurveda practices is life and vitality enhancing! She offers incredible workshops and treatments here in Ibiza, based on this ancient science and we are honoured to have her as part of our team at Ibiza Retreats.
Ayurveda is the sister science to Yoga. Having originated as part of the Vedic science, it is an ancient integral spiritual science that provides comprehensive understanding of how we came to be (the universe of matter, mind and consciousness). Much of the foundations for maintaining health and curing disease are rooted in the adherence to natural rhythms and cycles of nature, utilising a variety of natural means in order to bring harmony to physiology. These include diet, herbs, spices, minerals, exercise, meditation, yoga, mental hygiene, sounds, smells and mechano-procedures to eliminate toxic substances from the body and mind.
To begin to bring Ayurveda into your life try incorporating some of these practices at home and see if you can feel a difference in your vitality.
– Wake up during Vata time (before 6am)
– Scrape tongue
– Brush teeth
– Flush eyes with cold water
– Gargle 4 – 6 drops of warm sesame oil
– Bowel movement (aid by drinking warm water)
– 20 minutes yoga and meditation practice
– Put a floral oil of your preference on your third eye, best if it is dosha specific.
– Warm breakfast (eat nothing cold in the AM) with warm spices such as cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, turmeric, fennel, for agni ignition
– High noon: biggest meal of the day
– Leave some space in the stomach for digestion, churning of the food
– Always try and walk after each meal
– Cleanse the energy of the day by having a hot shower, if possible sit down to meditate for a few minutes to energetically cleanse the day away.
– Light dinner
– In bed before 10 pm
– A little head and foot massage is good before bedtime to induce good sleep
If you would like to find out more – you can join us for one of our Pure Yoga and Ayurveda retreats where you can meet Lily and the team and learn more about how to integrate Yoga and Ayurveda into your life for enhanced vitality!