“Because it’s when the night is darkest that you can see the stars shine”
by Larah Davis, Founder and Co-Director of Ibiza Retreats
It’s nearly here… Winter Solstice, the 21st of December, is the shortest day and the longest night.
Hibernation is the natural invitation from both the solar system, and our holistic systems.
Are you feeling it? A tiredness, a need to slow down, speak less, sleep more, “go inward” and rest?
However, this darkest time in the Northern Hemisphere is not a bad thing…. it is only in our 21st century ‘always on’ cultures have we been conditioned by a collective consciousness that ‘doing more’ equals happiness and success.
Yet, many of us are already realising and remembering that our happiness depends on our health. Wealth is dependent on Wellness (and “Wellthy” is probably a better word).
So rather than resisting this seasonal slow-down, why not hunker down, nestle in, get cosy in yourSELF, with your loved ones or alone.
Relish this space and time to STOP and reflect…
Because now is the time, when we can most naturally tune in to see the insights shining bright – and all jewels of learning from the year of 2019 glowing.
So what are your jewels of learning from your life-rollercoaster of 2019?
* What have been your greatest challenges?
* What strengths have you called upon to overcome them?
* What qualities are you seeing more clearly in yourself? And in your partners, co-workers, family and friends?
* Is there anything you feel you want to forgive and let go of? Either in yourself or of others?
* What can you be most grateful for, that you have created, enabled or received?
And by reflecting on these questions, with the light of this new awareness, you can gently inquire of yourself;
* What will you do differently in 2020 so that you can THRIVE and enjoy more health (the OPPOSITE of stress!) and happiness?
Remember – when YOU thrive, your world around you thrives too!
This Winter Solstice, as we slow down to then embrace the YULETIDE SPIRIT over the Christmas period, take this important – and deserved – time to enjoy the reflection.
Sending you our love and warmest wishes for a peaceful and enjoyable Festive Season,
Larah, Susie & the Ibiza Retreats Family x