We hope you will find this information useful to help you prepare for your Ibiza Retreat.
Planning your arrival…
Check-in is from 4pm on the day of arrival. We cannot allow earlier arrivals as our cleaning and maintenance team will be in situ, working their magic!
If you are arriving earlier in the day, we recommend you spend a relaxing few hours at Atzaro, which is a beautiful Agroturismo and Spa not far from the retreat.
They have a lovely offer for lunch and use of the spa – although we should warn you that service in the restaurant is very relaxed and laid back, so lunch can take quite a while! If you’re only going to be there for a short time, it is as well just to maybe have a tea or a juice and relax in the lovely gardens.
Booking is essential; you can book online at Atzaro.com or call them on 34 971 33 88 38. Let them know you are coming to stay with Ibiza Retreats and they will advise you of what will work best for the hours you are there.
Can Luminosa (or our Can Amonita venue – if you are coming in July or August) is not far from the tiny village of San Llorence where there is a gorgeous restaurant called La Paloma, which serves delicious, healthy & homegrown food & juices in the garden – the perfect location for a lovely long lunch in nature before joining us at 4pm at the retreat. Booking is essential – 0034 971 325 543
Also not far along the San Joan road is another sweet little cafe restaurant with delicious home-made vegan and vegetarian food, called Can Guimo. You can see the location and more information on their Facebook page. It’s also a good idea to book in the busy Summer months as it is only a small place – telephone – 0034 678 497 798
You will have received information with your booking about arriving at the retreat and the transfer service. The complimentary transfer service runs between 3.30pm and 7pm from Ibiza Airport to the retreat.
On the first day from 4pm we have a light snack and ‘settle -in’ time, Wellness consultations and introductions to the hosting team. First Yoga and Welcome Circle is around 6pm then supper at 8pm.
We can’t accept arrivals later than 10pm on the first day, so if you are arriving on a late evening flight we suggest you book a hotel for the first night and join us on the morning of the first full day.
Preparing yourself to retreat…
There are some other little things we recommend you do, to help you prepare for your Ibiza Retreat, so you get the most out of the experience and gain the most benefits.
We like to think of it as ‘preparing holistically’ for your time with us, in body, mind and soul…
We will be inviting you to gently purify through yoga, our delicious vegetarian clean-eating menu and a range of wonderful workshops, treatments and therapies. Therefore we recommend you reduce your intake of coffee and alcohol over the days prior to your retreat, to ready your body for this gentle cleanse. Please note that we do not serve coffee on the retreats due to its stimulant effects on the body, especially the adrenals.
As well as gentle coaching, meditation and many more ‘mind-freeing’ techniques, we also invite you to have a ‘digital detox’ during the retreat, so it can be helpful to to advise friends, families and colleagues that you will be ‘switching off’ and unplugging during the retreat to really tune back in to yourself. For those of you who will have to contact family during your retreat, we suggest you schedule a time, then leave the rest of the day free from digital contact – if you can!
You will have plenty of time and space to listen to your heart! So why not bring a notebook and pens with you, to jot down reflections, wishes, learnings and needs. Writing these thoughts, and your mental and emotional processes as you experience them, can be really therapeutic, and a very valuable tool to take back into your day-to-day life. Some of our guests have brought ‘mindful’ colouring books with them, or maybe you just want to bring a good book with you that you haven’t had the time to read!
Needs to Knows & What to Brings…
We recommend to “dress like an onion” – layers are wonderful to be able to peel off to enjoy the suns rays and warm up especially in the early mornings and late at night. Ibiza is a “humid” island, so loose, comfortable clothing that you can layer up or down. Light, floppy thin fabrics if you are coming in high Summer.
What to Bring..
- Suntan lotion – for the body & face!
- Comfortable yoga clothes
- Flip-flops – and trainers or comfortable boots for the sunset hike, heels for an evening out if you wish.
- Insect repellent
- Swimming costume / shorts / bikini
- Beach towels/sarongs are great to bring, and fantastic for Sivasana at the end of yoga
- Evenings dress-up as much as you wish to, dress down and relaxed in the campo – do what feels good!
- Sunhat & glasses
- Beach towel (bathroom / pool towels are all provided, but the retreat towels must not be taken to the beach.)
- Bring that book you’ve been meaning to read!
- A notebook and pen for ‘journalling’ or writing down your thoughts.
- For the Harmonise and Nourish retreats, bring some euros in cash for the SUP board yoga (approx €45 – optional and Summer Months only) and perhaps a little extra for dinner out – we pay for the meal but if you want any extras, drinks or desserts the bill is easier to split in cash.
- For the 6 and 7 night Glow retreats you have a free day / 2 free days, after morning yoga.
- At the retreat we can take credit / debit cards, Paypal or Transferwise for any additional treatments or therapies.
For Spring and Autumn Retreats
- Comfortable boots or trainers for exploring, slippers or thick socks for around the retreat, heels for an evening out if you wish!
- Insect repellent
- Cardigans, jumpers, jackets, scarves, long trousers
- Yoga Mats & More
- We provide you with good yoga mats, straps, bricks, blocks, bolsters etc but if you like, you can bring your own and you are welcome to.
- Do bring layers and loose clothing, or a comfy wrap for Sivassanas
Banks / Shops / Pharmacies etc
- Ibiza is mostly a cash culture but credit cards can be used in shops and pharmacies.
- Banks are open in the morning 8.30 – 2pm Mon – Fri
- ATM’s are available in the surrounding villages at any time (normally up to £300 per day can be withdrawn depending on your requirements.
- Shops are open 10 – 2pm and 5pm – 8pm – some are closed on Saturday afternoons and most pharmacies and shops are closed on Sundays.
- Most prescriptions can be bought over the counter in case of emergency
- Please note – when driving, avoid parking on yellow lines – you may get a ticket or even, be towed!
Parking!! Blue spaces are dedicated parking – check on the machine for parking hours – normally 9 – 2 and then again 5 – 8 or 9pm.
If you are planning on hiring a car, we recommend MotoLuis who are a family run business who have been established in Ibiza for decades. They are not the cheapest but their service is the best, with no hidden charges! If you email Marta on firstname.lastname@example.org and say you are staying with Ibiza Retreats, they will give you the very best rates!
To arrange any private driving required we can recommend Adam Bowden and his team email@example.com telephone 0044 7482 626 187 (UK number) or 0034 693 743 686 (Spanish number) Pre-booking is necessary.
On your final day, check-out is around 11am, after yoga, and a light brunch. We cannot offer late check-outs as the retreat has to be prepared for the next groups.
If you are not flying until later in the day and fancy some bit of beach-time before you go home, we suggest Talamanca beach or Salines beach – as they are not too far from the airport, for some last hours of sunbathing or lunch in one of the pretty beach-side cafes. We also recommend El Chiringuito at Es Cavallet beach, where can have a lovely lunch served to you on your sun lounger, and they normally are ok with you leaving your suitcase at the reception – but you need to get there early in high season. Both of these beaches are then only a 10 minute taxi ride to the airport.
If you are thinking of exploring elsewhere and want to leave your luggage somewhere, here are some options for drop-off or collection and storage of bags;
https://easyluggage.eu/pages/how-does-it-work – MOBILE LUGGAGE STORAGE
https://ibizavillas2000.com/luggage-storage/ PLAYA DEN BOSSA
http://www.consignaibiza.com/en/ IBIZA TOWN
I think that’s pretty much everything you need to know! We look forward to warmly welcoming you to Ibiza.
Ibiza Retreats team xxx