Recently I was asked to visualise my inner temple (thank you Angel!). Like a secret garden… filled with the most beautiful flowers I had ever seen. The pathway leading to my temple was powdery white sand and the turquoise sea laps at my feet as I walk. The air is heavy with scent and music seems to play on the breeze.
It’s a humbling and difficult concept to think of your inner self in that way. As something beautiful and precious and pure. And to imagine nourishing and watering your garden of flowers just like you would nurture a real garden. And it got me thinking – “Why do we find being kind and good and nourishing to ourselves so difficult? Why do so many of us still have this confounding belief that we ourselves are the least deserving of our attention and kindness?
Yet I have been trying… and it’s like a re-learning and re-programming. It takes effort and dedication. And some days it’s not easy – but wow, I truly believe that I am building the solid foundations and walls of my temple to support me to be the best I can be. And the results are so subtle, yet undeniable. I have space. Space to make different decisions, space to CHOOSE not to undertake an old pattern and to choose a better one for me and the world around me instead. Space for my relationships to grow and blossom. And space for my truth to be heard. Consider it like getting to know yourself and liking the person that you meet.
Here are some tips… speaking from experience of course…
* Check in with yourself every morning. Even if you time is limited, this can just be a few minutes to feel your body.
* Set your intention the day.
* Be positive and kind in your actions. If you skip breakfast normally, get up and have a cup of tea and fruit at least.
* Begin the day with an affirmation – I like “I am good enough as I am”.
* Begin to speak your truth to people. Do it with integrity and kindness, yet be honest.
* Set your gentle boundaries and honor them: this is honouring yourself
* Do things which make you feel GOOD. When you get past the initial barrier / block and get that endorphin rush after exercise or that feeling of peace after yoga or meditation, you will want more! Make that your new habit.
* If you fall down, don’t berate yourself. Be kind, accept what is and let it go. Life will always be full of ups and downs. It’s how you deal ith the difficult moments that counts.
* Be kind to others too. Think before you react and try to respond. Response is a skillful practice that can be consciously honed… reactions are usually without consideration. Create the space you need to be able to respond.
Many of our wonderful clients come to retreat with us in Ibiza to reconnect with their passions, their purpose and their life force energy. So here is some self-Life-Coaching to empower you, wherever you are in the world. Here are some simple and easy techniques to support you to channel your energy positively this springtime and reap the rewards all year. How? Start by asking yourself honestly:
* Are you doing what you really love? Are you loving what you do?
* Do you spring out of bed each Monday morning full of the juice of life… inspired and ready to embrace new opportunities… Or…
* Are you feeling kind of “blue”, lacking motivation, or simply confused about what you are really here for? What your purpose is? Or how and where to invest your time and energy to be successful, healthy and happy?
When you are doing what you really love – whether that’s being a parent to your children, growing your business or sewing new creative seeds – energy flows freely. When you are putting your passion into your action (and following your dreams) you are sure to succeed more easily. It really is that simple: do what you feel passionate about. Why? Lets look at the word itself – and passion’s intrinsic meaning:
Passion = Pass I On = passing on the BEST of yourself
Passion = Pass ION = passing on your ENERGY
Live your Passion = the keys:
(1) Watch the children: Have you ever noticed how little children are simply full of energy? They are fully immersed in the moment – in whatever it is that they are doing…. in the experience.
(2) Do what feels good! Choose to follow your joy & set your spirit free: Children follow their joy and do what feels good (rather than what they are being told they have to do). And your spirit, your free spirit is essentially this same inner-child: you are in touch with your free spirit when you are feeling full of love for life, have that sense of “Karpe die” and want to “seize the day”. This is when you are “in the moment”, spontaneously flowing from experience to experience and are feeling the joy, happiness that comes from being connected to this same source energy that connects us all, that gives this feeling of pure love, pleasure and ease.
(3) Rediscover what you are most passionate about (and delegate more responsibilities): If you have forgotten what you are passionate about or are feeling low or listless or unclear about how to focus and channel your energy this year, reconnect with your inner-child by doing something to purely HAVE FUN this spring-time. Without any goals, or required results… notice what you love doing, what brings you good feelings… purely from the experience. How can you bring this into your life? How can you create your week to create more time for what brings you true pleasure? How can you share and delegate your responsibilities differently?
Give it a go – have more FUN – lighten-up and be childlike and innocent in your appreciation of life – even for one week – and we guarantee that you will then spend your spring & summer feeling fulfilled with plenty of that same limitless energy for life that allows your happiness to flow freely.
Its April, spring flowers and orange blossom are painting the fields and enriching the senses of us lucky Ibiza dwellers. When everything dies off and goes to ground in winter time, this period of hibernation is somewhat comforting…. why? Because we trust so deeply that new seeds will be sown, or are already tucked away, nurturing and germinating.
We trust that, come springtime, the trees will sprout new fresh green leaves, that flowers will flourish and burst into life again.
And we trust when we pick the flowers to colour and scent our homes…. that we are leaving plenty more for others to enjoy.
So how about taking this trust in nature, into your creative life, your relationships, your business, your life-work?
When you trust that there are enough clients for everyone, you can create freedom in your hearts – and more clients are attracted to you!
When you trust in the quality and the value of what you are offering, you feel able to ask the right amount of financial energy (money/fees) in return for what you are offering, which keeps you in balance, in living – working – spiritual AND material harmony.
By trusting that different clients are looking for different experiences and things, you can stay truer to your essence in your work and this comes through in all of your marketing communications! The clients that you attract will be ones that really want to work with you – and whom you really enjoy working with.
So this April – why not make trust a self-growth practice – put trust out there and watch it open and blossom into amazing and beautiful new opportunities.
Explore trust in life and yourself and enjoy greater self-realisation, success and work-life-balance with holistic Life Coaching with Larah…. email her for details!
Jan 26th – 12 – 5pm. Be the artist of your life in 2013 with Vision Board collages of your dreams and heartfelt wishes that can become wonderful reality with creative tools. Professionally facilitated by Larah and Belinda with gentle Coaching and powerful manifestation strategies, yoga & breathwork to open your heart, relax your mind and restore your body-mind connection. Guided visualisations and meditations to help you “tune in” 30 euros including Nourishing soups, teas, yummy cake amidst positive, open-minded company!
What is a Vision Board? A fun and time-tested manifestation tool, endorsed by Oprah! You will be using plenty of bright, colourful magazines, paints if you wish and sparkly things to create a collage of your own goals and dreams. This sets your internal “radio” waves to attract in the ways to experience and achieve your goals most easily…
With a sharing circle to reflect on your creation and self-Coaching tools to set inspiring and practical actions. Learn how to turn your Vision Board into phone wallpaper or your desktop display so that you can reconnect with your Visions every day. Come and set yourself up for an amazing year ahead.
Relax into your creative self, switch off from the outside world and feel your desires and dreams bubbling up from within. Lovely!
Booking essential. Please email us for details!